11 Jun Physician – Neurology/ Clinical Neurophysiology – Department of Veterans Affairs, East Orange, NJ
Open position for a full-time Neurologist at Veterans Affairs in East Orange, New Jersey.
Full details here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596079900
– This position will be overseeing 8 or more residents
– Treating inpatients and outpatients, telehealth (on average 15-30 patients)
– Call coverage on a rotation of 6 physicians, residents to be called first
– EEG readings
– Research possibilities
This is an academically affiliated position with Rutgers NJ Medical School, University Hospital at Newark. Strong interest in collaborating with an Autonomically trained Neurologist.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Fellowship training in Epilepsy/ Neurophysiology
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. To apply for this position, you must complete the full questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 07/26/2021 to receive consideration. To preview the questionnaire click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11068683.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USA JOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click Submit My Answers to submit your application package.
Agency contact information
VA New Jersey Health Care System
385 Tremont Avenue
East Orange, NJ 07018