26 Jul AAS Meeting Reminder: Applications for FAAS, Axelrod Award and UAC Clinical Case submissions are due August 1, 2021
Notification of abstract acceptances will be going out in early August.
Please make a note of the following upcoming August 1, 2021 deadlines:
- Applications for the Felicia Axelrod Investigator Award
- Nominations for FAAS (Fellow of the American Autonomic Society)
- Call for Clinical Cases for the Ultimate Autonomic Challenge (see below)
- Late-breaking science abstracts, Deadline: September 1, 2021. We may accept a limited number of late abstracts that truly represent high impact late-breaking science. Late-breaking abstract submission will open in August and end September 1, 2021.
The American Autonomic Society is calling for your participation in the 2021 Ultimate Autonomic Challenge. The fourth UAC will take place during the American Autonomic Society meeting in Maui on November 3, 2021, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. A faculty expert panel will host a live discussion of four challenging clinical cases. The clinical cases should address complex autonomic medicine disorder diagnosis and management dilemmas. The presenters will use an internet-based Audience Response System (ARS) to engage and interact with the audience in real-time.
Please submit your case to be considered for review and presentation during the 2021 American Autonomic Society Meeting. Please send a case summary (up to 800 words) including title, presenter, and institution. In addition, please answer these 4 questions separate from the case summary.
- Is this a diagnosis challenge (Y/N)?
- Is this a therapeutic challenge (Y/N)?
- What makes this case unique?
- What is the final diagnosis (if known). Please DO NOT include the diagnosis in the case summary.
Please send the case summary and other requested information via email directly to Amber Millen, AAS Executive Director, at email@example.com. The deadline for case submissions is August 1, 2021.