Trainee abstracts are judged on the following:
- Significance of the hypothesis
- Rigor of the methods and approach
- Significance and potential impact of the findings
- Validity of conclusion(s)
- Presentation quality of the submission
All trainee members with abstract submissions are eligible for an in-person poster presentation competition held Wednesday, Nov 2.
Poster presentations will be rated by panel of senior investigator judges on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest. Poster ratings will be based on scientific content, originality of study design, scientific relevance and quality of presentation. Trainees who present abstracts earning the highest scores will will be notified at the end of each poster presentation day.
The top 4 trainee poster presentations will be selected to give a 5-min lightning platform presentation summary of their work at a designated platform session held Saturday, Nov 5.